CSUF utilizes a combination of traditional and nontraditional grading options.
Note: All courses in the Business Administration, Professional Business concentration program are graded using the letter grade option.
- Traditional: Letter grade option (plus/minus may be assigned)
- Nontraditional: Credit/No Credit Option
Minimum Grade Requirements for the B.A. Business Administration, Professional Business program:
- All upper-division business core courses must be completed with a “C” or better
- The capstone (MGMT 449) must be completed with a “C” or better
- The Global Business Requirement must be completed with a “D” or better
- The upper-division General Education courses must be completed with a “D” or better
- Concentration courses must be completed with a “D minus“ or better
Please note ALL grade point average (GPA) requirements in the Graduation Requirements section.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA* for the concentration
A grade of “F” is considered failing and does not award units. Therefore, any course in which a student earns a grade of “F” must be repeated.
Academic Probation and Disqualification Policy
Students are placed on academic probation if their cumulative or CSUF GPA falls below a 2.0. Once on probation, the student will have the following semester of attendance to raise the GPA and be removed from academic probation.
A student on academic probation is subject to academic disqualification if the student’s GPA falls below:
- Freshman (0 – 29.9 units) = 1.50
- Sophomore (30 – 59.9 units) = 1.70
- Junior (60 – 89.9 units) = 1.85
- Senior (90 or more units) = 1.95
Students may repeat courses for which a grade of “C minus” or below was earned. Students may repeat up to 28 units at Cal State Fullerton and may attempt a course a maximum of three times. Up to 16 units of coursework at CSUF can be repeated for “grade forgiveness” resulting in only the most recently earned grades and grade points being used in calculating the GPA. The original grade will remain on the academic record. Please review the University Policy Statement UPS 300.015 for a detailed description of this policy.
Students receive Financial Aid, please visit:
All students are responsible for the following:
- Become familiar with University policies and regulations as laid out in the University Catalog (http://catalog.fullerton.edu/) and the University Policy Statements (UPS) (http://www.fullerton.edu/senate/documents/ups.asp).
- Become familiar with graduation and degree requirements.
- Understand program requirements as applied to the Online B.A. Business Administration, Professional Business Concentration program, including but not limited to GPA requirements, course requirements, program structure and pre-requisite guidelines.
- Understand and abide by the drop, withdrawal and refund procedures and deadlines.
- Abide by the University’s standards of behavior (catalog.fullerton.edu).
Grades and Transcripts
Grades are available approximately two weeks after the official end date of the class. Unofficial student transcripts are accessible online through your Student Portal:
- Go to http://www.fullerton.edu/
- Log in to the Portal with your Username and Password
- Select Titan Online
- In Student Self Service area, click on Student Center
- In the Academics area, click on View Unofficial Transcript
Students may request official transcripts from the CSUF Office of Admissions and Records. A Transcript Request form is available at http://www.fullerton.edu/admissions/CurrentStudent/Transcripts.asp. The first copy is $4.00 and additional copies are $2.00 when ordered at the same time.